South Columbia Baptist Church
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
We have three (3) general types of men’s ministries at SCBC that typically fall into these categories.
- Ministries of SCBC men for SCBC men.
- Ministries of SCBC men to service and outreach to others in the community.
- Men’s fellowship groups.
Our goal is to meet men where they are and help them to take the next step with Christ.
Point of Contact
Band of Brothers
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
1.Fellowship: Gathering of like-minded men to meet men where they are and help them take the next step with Christ.
2.Discipleship: Committed study to learning and understanding God’s purpose for our lives as Christian men
3.Service: Serving the body of Christ through ministry. James 2:26 – For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
Every 3rd Monday of the month
7PM in SCBC Fellowship Hall
Point of Contact
SCBC Men’s Prayer Breakfasts
- Gatherings: On a quarterly basis as church availability allows
- Notice: Announcements posted in the church bulletin at Sunday service
- Point of Contact: Alex Sanchez, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443-324-8776
Saturday morning Open Forum Prayer Group
- Gatherings: Meets weekly on Saturday mornings at 7:30AM
- Point of Contact: Jim Taylor, 301-317-8226
- Christians walking together to meet the community in their neighborhoods
- Meetings: Typically on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings
- Ladies are welcome and encouraged to participate
- Point of Contact: Greg Shannon, email@example.com, 301-502-3765
- Startup ministry at SCBC. Pairing men together with men for fellowship and mentoring.
- Gatherings: TBD
- Point of Contact: Wayne Miller & Alex Sanchez
Prison Visitation Ministry
- Bringing the word of God and love of Christ to local prisons
- Point of Contact: Bob Rose, 443-535-8768
- Housing & serving the homeless men of Laurel Gathering one week during the winter
- Dates: Every year on the week of Valentine’s Day
- Ladies are encouraged and welcome to serve
- Point of Contact: Lis Doane, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-476-8110
- Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed
- Evangelism and discipleship program for children ages 3 on up to 5th graders.
- Ladies are welcome and encouraged to serve
- Schedule: Friday nights during the school year from 6:30PM to 8:30PM
- Points of Contact: